Motor Yacht BELUGA – SPECIFICATIONS: Guests: 8 (10 with chase boat) looked after by 6 Crew, + Skipper on the chase boat, Cabins: 5 (Master on Main Deck, 2 x Doubles, 2 x twin with Pullman), Length: 35m / 113’1ft, Built: By Moonen, 2006, refit in 2011 and 2017.
CROWNED YACHT OF THE YEAR, M/Y BELUGA wins the 2021 Ocean Awards 5th May 2021! The award, in its first year, is recognition of M/Y BELUGA’s Owner and crew’s efforts to survey and protect the marine ecosystem as part of the Great Reef Census. Led by BOAT International, in partnership with Blue Marine Foundation, The Ocean Awards judging panel had the unenviable task of narrowing down over 90 worthy candidates from around the world to just 23 finalists. M/Y BELUGA was entered by charter management company, Ocean Alliance, and the submission highlighted the Owner’s commitment to ocean conservation and pioneering the way forward for the superyacht industry, embodied by Ocean Alliance as “Yachting for Purpose”.
“We would like to congratulate The Citizens of the Great Barrier Reef and the Owners and crew of BELUGA for their
leadership in marine conservation and their positive contribution to the very region in which they charter” stated
Ocean Alliance’s Managing Director, Mr. Joachim Howard. “This award represents a clear example of how Owners and
Charter guests can participate in the monitoring and preservation of the marine environments they are experiencing,” continued Mr. Howard. The experience of the Great Reef Census is available for all charter guests and yacht owners.
The Owners of BELUGA are wishing to share the unique life-changing nature of this experience, and therefore reintroducing the very special package for 6 days/5 nights: USD $99,000 all-inclusive for 10 guests. Minke Whales (Jun-Jul 2021). Please enquire for full conditions.
Create the experience of a lifetime for you and your guests and take them to the only place on Earth they can swim with the Minke Whales. Meeting the Dwarf Minke Whales on the Great Barrier Reef in homage to Dr John Rumney, Australia’s expert “whale whisperer”, who left this world a few monts ago.
“John Rumney was to the Great Barrier Reef what Sir David Attenborough is to wildlife films”.
1. 5N/6D USD $99,000 or AUD $150,000 (all inclusive for 8 guests) PACKAGE INCLUDES:
• BELUGA and her chaseboat aptly named S/F MINKE, with full crew
• A qualified expert guide, with the required license to approach the unique dwarf minke whales.
• Full meals and beverages for 8 guests for 6 days
• Transport to / from Cairns (incl. charter flights to Lizard, value $400pp)
• Full snorkel and dive gear
Her 40ft custom-built chase boat, S/F MINKE, is the ultimate adventure and expedition toy: perfectly setup for fishing (heavy and light tackle), diving, and day tripping away from M/Y BELUGA.
Experience the expedition of a lifetime in the safe hands of Captain Peter and his adventurous Crew!
CAPTAIN PETER – FACTS:
(1) Peter has over 30 years experience in the maritime industry
(2) M/Y BELUGA’s wonderful Chef Dannielle is Peter’s daughter
(3) In 2013, Captain Peter became a certified marine teacher within Australia’s National Training Center
(4) When not on board his interests include trail bike riding, fishing, 4WD, rugby league, and obviously scuba diving.
Captain Peter has visited some of the Earth’s most remote areas such as Arnhem Land and the Kimberleys in the Northern Territory of Australia, and participated in delivery voyages around Australia. and as far as Japan. Peter is a PADI Dive Master.
Located in Port Douglas, Australia from 15 June – 15 July 2021.